Download YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift):
YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift)
Created by: cubycode
Categories: Mobile, iOS, Full Applications
Overview: YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift)
9 August 2020
• Added new tabs with updated design on home page
• Updated design for listings of likes page, categorical listings page.
• Resolved the issues of UIWebview in the app
3 May 2020
• Implemented “Apple Sign in” as new feature
• Fixed a crash on comment listing screen
• Updated the code to support iOS 13+ and xcode 11+ versions.
• Udpated the code to support dark mode of Apple.
6 August 2019
• Applied Card view on Home Screen UI
• Improved the design of login screen by adding transparent views in Background
• Updated all the List Views by card view and with updated images
• Increase the size of item in a list view adjust with iPhone X, XS Max etc.
• Fixed bug of Signup/ login account direct from Facebook
• Updated categories setting screen with new design
26 May 2018
• Accordingly to the new EU GDPR terms, I’ve updated the ‘tou.html’ file and Documentation.
IMPORTANT: This means that if a User asks for his/her Account deletion, you must do it within 24 hours, as the GDPR’s “Right to be forgotten” Article states (LINK: https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/)
3 April 2018
• Updated to recommended settings with Xcode 9.3
• Updated the 3 Facebook SDKs (because of Swift 4.1 release):
26 February 2018
• Replaced the news TextView with a WebView in the NewsDetails controller in Storyboard, removed the ScrollView and moved all its views into the main View, adjusted the code in NewsDetails.swift accordingly – edited the “showNewsDetails()” method:
// Get news text
let htmlText = “(newsObj[NEWS_HTMLTEXT]!)”
newsTextWebView.loadHTMLString(htmlText, baseURL: nil)
newsTextWebView.scalesPageToFit = true
In this way, you’ll be able to publish news articles with bold or italic text, links, and images (still from the web, not locally), instead of plain text.
• Added this line into Configs.swift:
let NEWS_HTML_TEXT = “htmltext”;
• Added a “shouldStartLoadWith request()” method in NewsDetails.swift as WebView delegate.
• Added a sheet.html file in the package, in order to help you create HTML text articles for the Parse Dashboard.
* IMPORTANT: IF THIS IS AN UPDATE FOR YOU, then you first need to enter your Parse Dashboard and create a new column in the News class called exactly “htmltext”, of Type String, and fill it all the empty cells of such column with your HTML text (the Documentation explains how to do that with a new sheet.html file included in the package).
Then you can update the code of your app project and test it.
YouNews is a Universal App Template where you – as the Admin of the app – can easily add and edit news via the Parse Dashboard hosted on back4app.com or Adminca.com free CMS panel for Parse apps and have them displayed right away in the app:
You can also send Push Notifications to all registered devices via the Parse Push console on back4app.
Users and readers can comment, like and share news – Login/Sign Up is required for comments and likes – as well as contact the admin by email, rate the app on the App Store. You as the Admin of the app should daily check your database for reported comments and take action for them.
The Category images and names are stored locally within the Xcode project, the User Guide explains how to configure the app, the backend on back4app and how to edit/add categories.
Since its backend is by Parse you don’t have to buy any domain/hosting, there are NO php files to upload to a web server so you’ll save some money for server side.
YouNews is a native XCode project, Swift language, Storyboard, Universal, super easy to customize, backend with Parse SDK hosted on http://back4app.com
I’m new to Xcode UI interface, any help?
Sure, start by reading this tutorial, it will surely help you get familiar with Xcode and its UI interface: https://hubpages.com/technology/iOS-About-Xcode-and-its-interface
About Parse SDK and back4app
Read this article for more info about back4app and Parse SDK: https://hubpages.com/technology/Parse-SDK-will-not-shutdown-in-thanks-to-back4app
Can I host Parse Server on my own server?
Yes, although I don’t provide support for the setup process, you can read the official Guide here: http://parseplatform.org
I get a Code signing error in Xcode 8.x
That’s a bug of Xcode 8 with macOS Sierra, check this sample video to see how to fix it: https://youtu.be/z2LemT1_LqA
How to remove AdMob banner ads
Check this video out to see how to remove the code that shows AdMob banners: https://youtu.be/e-HQYnta2Jg
Keep in mind that you must repeat the shown steps for every .swift file that contains this line on the top:
What about free support for this template?
I can offer free support for bugs encountered in the original code.
Instead, if you’ve edited the code and messed something up with it, I may apply some fee to fix it either via TeamViewer or by checking your app project files directly on my computer.
Should I use the latest version of Xcode to edit this template?
Yes, I always update my apps to the latest version of the IDE.
Why do I need to have login from Apple Account in the app?
Yes, because from 30th April 2020, APPLE authorities restricted the apps using 3rd party login from FACEBOOK, GOOGLE etc should also integrate “APPLE SIGN IN” method in the app. For reference: APPLE SIGN IN GUIDELINES
XCode 11.4+ project – Swift 4.5+ – 64bit
Universal – Storyboard – iOS 14.0+
Edit/add news by the Parse Dashboard or Adminca.com CMS panel
Send Push Notifications to all registered devices
Comment, like and share news
Image and YouTube video headers for the news details screen
Delete and Report comments options
PDF User Guide and PSD included
Easy to customize | Well commented code
Apple Mac with its latest OS version installed
The latest version of Xcode and some knowledge about its UI interface
Photoshop or any other image editor software
An Apple Developer account to submit apps to the App Store
An AdMob account to generate your own banner UNIT ID
A free account on https://back4app.com and/or https://adminca.com
Topics: Download YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift), Download Free YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift), YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift) Free Download, YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift) For Free, YouNews | iOS Universal News App Template (Swift)